lunes, 1 de noviembre de 2010

Strengthening relationships

I had the chance, a few weeks ago, to work as an interpreter for a Korean delegation here in Valparaiso, city located in the central area of Chile, due to the "Universal Forum of Cultures" that is being hosted here. To be honest, I didn't know much about Busan (or even South Korea) at the beggining when I first heard about this. After doing some research to get to know the city, I realized that this was one of the opportunities that come across once in your lifetime.

I knew I had to take the risk and work with them.

I met some really nice people in the process and I also had the chance to know more about Busan, the country of South Korea and their culture. It was a marvelous experience to be the bridge between two different culture that don't even speak a similar language. And there I was, connecting them to strength their relationship as sisterhood cities (hence the title of the article).

To be honest, now I know a lot more about Busan.

I also know that Valparaiso and Busan have a lot to share and, since we have the tools to spread our ideas globally (thanks to websites and communications) and we're able to be a "voice" into the internet world, I decided to start this blog: to strength the relationship between Valparaiso and Busan, but there's more.

It's about culture, helping each other and maintain the established links; We have to let the world know how two really different cultures can be a global example of cooperation and friendship.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario